IMPORTANT: Please use the Find An Event search function to ensure there is not already a listing for your event. Duplicate listings will be deleted.
Can I post my event on Rapp-Arts.org?
An event must meet the following criteria to be listed:
Lead Time: Each submitted event is reviewed by RappArts before publishing. Please allow 3 – 4 business days for your event to be reviewed. We recommend that you submit your event listing at least two to four weeks prior to the event’s start date for optimal promotion. If we receive your event info less than two weeks in advance, we cannot guarantee that your event will be posted.
Public Events: All events must be open to the public, with or without a fee. Invitation/member-only events will not be accepted.
Location: RappArts currently includes events held in the five area central Rappahannock River region of The Arts & Cultural Council of the Rappahannock – including Caroline, Fredericksburg, King George, Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Westmoreland, Virginia.
Types of Events: Events are listed under at least one Primary Category (Art, Music, etc.) and can be cross-listed under as many additional primary or sub-categories (Visual, Gallery, etc.) as relevant.
- Forums & One-Time Workshops
- Museums (Exhibitions & Events)
- Festivals & First Friday
- Fundraising events under these conditions:
* Presented by and solely benefiting an arts or cultural non-profit 501(c)(3) organization
* Event activities include exhibition or performance
* Open to the public
* Clearly stated as a “fundraiser” or “fundraising event” within the event description
RappArts does NOT accept:
- Events outside of the central Rappahannock River region
- Virtual events without a designated location
- Political rallies/fundraisers
- Religious/worship services or events that assume religious or spiritual beliefs of the audience
- Happy hours, networking and/or recruitment events
- Informational or business-building events
- Retail sales, shopping or merchandising events
Artists: If an event is held at a local gallery, the gallery may list the event on behalf of the artist. If you are an artist, please join the Artist Directory! You can then attach your name to existing event listings.
How do you evaluate event content?
Inclusiveness: RappArts listings do not discriminate on the basis of the subject matter or artists involved, including for reasons of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or political point of view.
Responsibility: RappArts accepts event listings that use images and language up to what would be considered a “PG-13” level.
Tolerance: RappArts does not accept event listings that feature slurs, epithets or hateful comments.
Consideration: Events listed on RappArts are to be open to the public, non-exclusive, community-minded events where the focus lies within the community of the central Rappahannock River region and adheres to these guidelines.
Is there a fee to list?
PLEASE NOTE: RappArts reserves the right to edit and/or remove any and all listings or images without prior notification to the event submitter. These guidelines articulate the general parameters by which such information will be considered and accepted or rejected for submission to the website; however, in all instances, the authority to make decisions based on specific circumstances belongs to RappArts.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.