Thanks for preparing to submit a Directory entry on Rapp-Arts.org! Please read our guidelines for Events, Organizations and Venues.
Can my venue be list on Rapp-Arts.org?
An venue must meet the following criteria to be listed in the Venue Directory:
Arts/Culture Space: The Venue Directory is exclusive to arts and culture-specific, physical spaces such as theaters, music halls, museums, and galleries. Please review the guidelines below.
Location: RappArts currently includes artists, organizations, and events held in the service areas of The Arts & Cultural Council of the Rappahannock – the Virginia counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Westmoreland, as well as the city of Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Types of Venues: You are encouraged to list your organization in any and all relevant categories.
RappArts accepts the following venues:
- Literary / Library
RappArts does NOT accept:
- Organizations based outside of RappArts’ service areas (Caroline, Fredericksburg, King George, Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Westmoreland)
- Temporary or one-time event locations
- Political/Activist venues
- Religious organizations (exceptions may be made for organizations which produce and present arts and cultural related events)
- Retail business or merchandising venues whose primary business does not promote the sale or development of art or performance
- Networking or chamber organizations
- Individual schools (not primary schools) or school districts (Such organizations may be included in the upcoming Arts Education portal; University arts departments are accepted)
Is there a fee to list?
RappArts does NOT charge non-profit organizations to list events on rapp-arts-temp.simpaticodesignstudio.com. For-profit organizations will NOT be charged during the “launch period” from July 2018 – June 2019. The for-profit policy will be re-evaluated in June 2019. However, to support this project we strongly encourage you to become a member of The Arts & Cultural Council of the Rappahannock.
What if my venue does NOT qualify?
Your venue does not have to be listed in the Venue Directory to be included in the event calendar. If NOT qualified for the Venue Directory, performances occurring at your venue can still be submitted for the Events Calendar where a venue can be created by typing in the name and address of a specific venue. Your venue will be used for purposes of the event, but will not be added into the Venue Directory.
PLEASE NOTE: RappArts reserves the right to edit and/or remove any and all listings or images without prior notification to the event submitter. These guidelines articulate the general parameters by which such information will be considered and accepted or rejected for submission to the website; however, in all instances, the authority to make decisions based on specific circumstances belongs to RappArts.
Questions? Email email@example.com.